Percentage Error Calculator
Percentage error = 25%
Lets assume the percentage error is P.
Formula given, P = Estimated value - Actual value/Actual value × 100
So, P = 30 - 40/40 × 100
Or, P = -10/40 × 100
Or, P = | -0.25 | × 100
Or, P = 0.25 × 100
So, P = 25%
Percentage Error Formula
Percentage Error = Estimated value - Actual value/Actual value × 100
- Percentage Calculator
- Percentage Change Calculator
- Percentage Increase Calculator
- Percentage Decrease Calculator
- Percentage Difference Calculator
- Add or Subtract Percentage Calculator
- Percent to Fraction Calculator
Percentage error in math is the increase or decrease in value of two known or measured values, in percentage form. Percentage error is commonly used in science to note the difference between the experimental values in relation to its specific value. It is computed as the percentage of the specified value.
The closer the percentage error is to ‘0’ then your estimate is more precise to the actual value. This formula is incredible useful to determine the accuracy of your calculations.
How to Calculate Percentage Error?
If you want to find percentage error for any given value, you need to follow the below given steps:
- Determine the “error” value by subtracting one value from the other. Unless the sign is important to you the order of the values in the calculation does not matter. However, if you need to keep the negative sign in a value, then you can calculate percentage error by subtracting the specified value from the estimated value.
- Then, you need to divide the “error” value by the specified value to get a decimal number.
- Next, multiple the decimal number with 100 and convert it into a percentage value.
- Finally, you should include the “%” sign in front of the calculated value to denote percentage error.